We’re different to most other lenders – in many cases we’ll give you a personalised price quote up front. You’ll see the rate you’ll actually get, and the quote won’t affect your credit score.
Personal loan Want to know your loan rate
If you have a current account with us, you can check to see if you have a provisional loan limit before you apply – without affecting your credit rating.
All loans are subject to status. Early settlement fees apply.
Personal price quote – with no credit footprint
Apply in Online Banking or Barclays Mobile Banking – most people apply in less than 10 minutes
Quick access to your funds
See your rate
You could get your money straightaway, as long as you
- Apply online and your application is approved
- Print or download your agreement and sign it between 7am-10.30pm
Fixed monthly repayments
Fixed repayments can help you to budget
Why get a Barclayloan?
- Top-up option
- Already have a Barclayloan and need more funds? You can apply to increase your borrowing with us.
- If you just want to take out a second loan instead of topping up, that could be an option too.
- Choose your payment term
- Depending on the loan amount.
- Repaying your loan early
You have the right to repay your loan early, in part or full, at any time. We’ll charge a fee equal to 30 days’ interest on the amount you’re repaying, as well as any other interest that’s due.
To apply online, you’ll need
- A current account
- UK residency
- To be aged 18 or above
You can use your loan for almost anything, apart from
- Business reasons
- Investments, including buying stocks and shares
- Purchasing property (home improvements are fine)
- Gambling-related expenses
- Repaying CCJs (county court judgments)
- A purchase made by combining this loan with any others
Resume an application
Log in to Online Banking here, and we’ll take you to your saved application form.
Go to application
As a lender, we have a responsibility to act fairly and as part of this we have committed to follow the Standards of Lending Practice. This note sets out some of our key responsibilities and what we ask of you, to ensure that the relationship works well for both of us.
- We will lend responsibly and aim to provide a product that is affordable for you.
- We will provide you with information about our products and services and how they work, in a clear and understandable way, so that you can decide what’s best for you and your needs.
- We will endeavour to make sure our products and services offer, wherever possible, the flexibility to meet your needs.
- We will treat you fairly and reasonably at all times and make sure that you are provided with a high level of service.
- If you tell us about any inaccuracies, for example around the personal information we hold about you, we will act quickly to put it right.
- We will always aim to help you if we see, or you tell us, that you are having trouble financially. We will seek to understand your overall circumstances, try and identify options that you can afford and where appropriate, provide a reference to free debt advice.
What we ask of you
- We ask you to think carefully about whether you can afford to repay the money you want to borrow and to be open in your dealings with us.
- Take care of any cards, PINs, online log-in details and other security information to help prevent fraud and help us to protect your accounts.
- Tell us as soon as possible if your card has been lost or stolen, or if you know or suspect someone is misusing your confidential information e.g. your PIN or online log-in details.
- Carefully check your account statements to make sure they are accurate. If anything isn’t right, please get in touch with us.
Please let us know if
- Your contact details change, so we can keep our records up to date.
- Your circumstances change, particularly if what’s happened is likely to cause you difficulties in managing your account or financial problems.
- You think that you won’t be able to keep up with your repayments. The sooner you do this, the more likely it is we’ll be able to find a way to help you.
We would also encourage you to refer to the terms and conditions associated with your current account, credit card or personal loan.